What is Correspondence Tracking System?
Correspondence tracking system manages all incoming and outgoing correspondences relating to a whole organization or tracks correspondence for specific projects. Official business correspondences originating from different sources and in different forms are captured and converted into electronic documents or files, which are then routed to relevant users based on their access rights and roles. The ability to effectively capture, track and manage various types of enterprise correspondence drives efficiency of the workforce via increased productivity, flexibility and adaptability. As a result, many processes that rely on physical paper-based methods of communication are turning obsolete and more companies are moving on to electronic methods of correspondence tracking and management.
Role and benefits of digital correspondence management process
- Effectively transforming organizations to a paperless office environment.
- Better communication & coordination between departments and among officials with enhanced productivity and responsiveness.
- Reduced physical storage and material costs compared to paper-based correspondence management.
- Centralization of all inbound, outbound and internal formal correspondence increasing transparency and consistency with better monitoring and control.
- Seamless segregation and prioritization of inward and outward correspondences of various types such as letters, e-mails, transmittals, faxes, memos etc.
- Adherence with auditability and regulatory compliances with centralized archival of files in secure repository.
Does your organization need a correspondence tracking system?
Organizations in the public sector and even private organizations need a system that streamlines the complete lifecycle of a correspondence from origination to distribution. Correspondences originating from different sources and in different forms are captured, and converted into electronic documents or files, which are then routed to respective departmental officials. All notes and observations made by the officials are captured in the file, organized and remains intact throughout its lifetime. The correspondences are archived in a central repository and can be accessed anytime for making informed decisions at short notice. Tagging of correspondence facilitates real-time tracking and generation of on-demand status reports, which ensures total accountability.
A correspondence tracking system built on SharePoint has smart capabilities for sorting, processing, storing and communicating correspondences across departments and locations. Read a case study about how Neologix successfully integrated a correspondence tracking system to a SharePoint intranet portal to deal with all incoming and outgoing correspondences for a major regional Arab financial institution.