It is safe to assume that employees cannot effectively contribute to important organisational tasks when they spend hours searching and compiling information. Organisations can help their employees focus more on their primary functions by automating various processes with the help of Employee Self Service portals.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes are now slowly realising the importance of ESS systems when streamlining and automating critical management processes.
Keep reading to learn how your company’s HR department can significantly benefit from such a dedicated portal for employees.
Importance of employee self service portals
Corporate cultures worldwide are constantly changing, so HR systems must evolve naturally. It took a while for HR solutions to replace the decades-old fragmented, manual processes.
However, the HR world is rapidly moving toward a more effective and efficient system, and HR self-service solutions are essential to that advancement.
Companies are competing against each other and are working to deliver a quality experience within their company. It has been established how necessary is the employee experience in determining a company’s success. An ESS portal can help fulfil that objective.
Such portals can improve productivity and frees up crucial work time for businesses. Additionally, it improves data accuracy by empowering employees to handle administrative tasks independently.
For businesses, ESS can save person-hours and reduce the dependency on Word and Excel spreadsheets to carry out HR-related tasks. It helps boost employee satisfaction, ensures the data remains up-to-date and provides transparency.
Features of Employee Self Service Systems
Thanks to ESS, a single gateway can now manage various HR functions that you previously carried out through paper or via online alternatives. Let’s examine a few features of these systems below:
- Payroll features like online pay stub access, the ability to modify tax withholding and deduction amounts,
- Log attendance.
- The ability to browse and select benefit options and manage open enrollment and other changes like, for example, important life events.
- Employee training.
- The ability to modify employee contributions to retirement investment plans set up loans, or make withdrawals.
- Expense management.
- Business travel management.
Benefits of Employee Self Service
A self-service portal for employees can give employees more autonomy to control their benefits and payroll configurations, thereby saving HR administrators time. Employees may feel more connected to the organisation, be happier at work, and be more productive.
These are some of the benefits of having a dedicated self-service portal for employees:
1. Cost reduction: The portal can help businesses to cut costs and avoid unnecessary expenses. Several companies have shifted to such cloud-based systems to store employee data. They consider it as they transition to a paperless workplace.
2. Improved compliance: HR managers can keep track of any documentation or information needed from employees to ensure compliance. The portal also serves as a record of compliances previously met.
3. Employee autonomy: Employees feel more in control and autonomous because they are in charge of their profiles and can utilise the ESS portal to keep track of things.
4. Enhanced efficiency: Instead of constantly reaching out to HR managers, employees will find it simpler to request leaves, examine the outcomes of their job, and keep track of their performance with the help of these portals. It makes the system more effective and allows managers to monitor employee growth, leave and attendance, and other information.
5. Sustainable operations: ESS portals are an excellent way to go green and be efficient. Digitally stored records in the cloud significantly reduce the use of paper.
6. Less load on managers: Since all documents and information are readily available with a few clicks, ESS systems lessen the stress on managers.
7. Greater Security: ESS portals are 100 percent secure. Only authorised users can access company information, preventing data theft and sabotage.
8. Knowledge Sharing: ESS portals help disseminate information regarding projects or tasks to a particular team or department. Companies can use it to issue the latest updates or essential information to the entire organisation at once.
9. Better Communication: Having a dedicated self-service portal for employees is a great approach to improve inter and intra-office communication. When a company has branches, it is simpler for the corporate office to monitor an employee’s development. Furthermore, it is easier to transfer their information to the ESS database at the new office in the event of a transfer.
10. Available anytime, anywhere, and on any device: When it comes to productivity, having a single centralised system for all personnel management is way more effective. People management is not impacted even when teams are geographically spread as adding or updating information is a relatively simple process.
A self-service portal for employees can help transform the company by empowering staff to chart their course for success while allowing the HR department to focus on cost-saving strategies like speedier onboarding and reduced turnover.
You can maintain impressive data quality without allocating more staff or budget to the HR department. The system can ensure increased workplace productivity, information transparency, and data security. Above all, it can improve employees’ responsibility and attentiveness without overlooking critical business issues.
At Neologix, we develop self-service portals for employees that check all these boxes. Get in touch with us today to know your company can benefit from an Employee Self Service portal.