The offices of the 2000’s were built around websites & now in the 2010’s offices are built around cloud-based applications. Mobile cloud apps run on external servers. They use browsers to display and use the app UI in mobile devices. Mobile cloud apps are targeted for multiple mobile devices whereas native apps are targeted for a single mobile device.
There is no need for Mobile cloud apps to be downloaded and installed on a mobile device. Mobile cloud apps can be native apps rebuilt to run in the mobile cloud, custom apps developed for mobile devices, or third-party apps downloaded to the cloud from external sources. The only requirement for them is an Internet connection.
Why Mobile cloud apps ?
- Look & feel is emulated in case of mobile cloud apps. This a critical factor in adoption of mobile cloud application. Mobile cloud apps also do not natively support notifications.
- Tools and frameworks help in developing software for deployment in various OS platforms and browsers.
- Mobile cloud apps can access a limited amount of the mobile device’s native features and information via Application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Mobile cloud apps view the UI through the browser of mobile device. Choosing to develop a mobile cloud app boils down to whether the developer is willing to sacrifice function for cross-platform deployment.
- If you need cross-platform deployment, then mobile cloud apps are a better choice than native apps.
- Security is the biggest weakness of mobile devices. The data in case of Mobile cloud apps is stored in the mobile cloud, not on the mobile device. Therefore, a lost or stolen mobile device running in cloud poses no security risks.
Delivering mobile applications via the cloud actually creates opportunities for more effective security measures, to protect application performance and user data. Cloud-based mobile applications are less susceptible to large-scale Denial of Service attacks.
If you are building mobile business apps, mobile cloud app is the best option. When database integration is needed, mobile cloud app is the best choice as the mobile apps are running in the cloud & not on a remote mobile device written in a language not supported in the cloud.
Migrating to the cloud is often all about opportunities & challenges. Businesses wishing to revamp IT with benefits of cloud in mind, face serious challenges moving applications to the cloud. Enterprise cloud computing will bring significant changes in the way users access applications through mobile devices and interact via socially enabled, cloud based services.
With mobile adoption rates increasing fast, there is huge opportunity for mobile cloud applications. Users around the world are increasingly relying on mobile devices for accessing services like GPS/mapping, calendar/scheduling, and social networking. All these services can be delivered more effectively via the cloud.